Solved

Purchasing Fixed Asset and keeping in warehouse

• 18 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Experts,

One of our clients purchase Fixed Assets and store it in warehouse. Then it is issued on Material Requisition to relevant department.

How to cater this requirement in IFS Applications 10.

Regards

icon

Best answer by Dharshankumaar Mahendran 4 June 2021, 12:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Anushka B 

Can you help in resolving above query.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Mirali, you can investigate ‘Rotable Pools’ e-learning has some good documentation on this subject, it is intended to fulfil this scenario

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Anushka B 

Can you help in resolving above query.

Hi @Mirali,

As far as I’m aware, an Fixed Asset cannot be handled through a material requisition.

As @PUMCCAPPER has mentioned above he “Rotable Part Pool” functionality may be help you to achieve your requirement.

Sorry that I’m not a expert on that matter and unable to give you a comprehensive answer for this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks @Anushka B  and @PUMCCAPPER for your response. I have read the document of Rotable Part Pool and found out that there are few must do conditions in using this functionality like ONLY SERIAL TRACKED INVENTORY PARTS CAN BE CONNECTED TO FA POOL, STANDARD COST MUST BE USED.

So, i am not sure if it will work in case or not. If you guys have a setup document for this, kindly share.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Mirali,

Did you find how to solve your issue ?

I, as well, have the same request on my project : purchase Fixed Assets and store it in warehouse. Then issue through MR and / or perform maintenance awareness.

If you have find a solution, it would be terrific!

Thanks a lot,

BeaFannDe

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

hi @BeaFannDe ,

I have not identified any solution yet but i was thinking to follow same cycle for fixed assets as inventory part. Once it is received in stores and issued against MR then we will connect with fixed asset object and give it an unique asset no. 

That's the only idea i am getting right now. Please comment if you have something better than this.

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Mirali an @BeaFannDe 

Did you guys find any documentation to setup the 'Rotable pool? If not please let know, I should be able to share you'll the document of how to do.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi, @Dharshankumaar Mahendran 

We still haven’t found anything regarding the said scenario. I would really appreciate if you can share some relevant documents or processes with us.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Mirali 

Thank you for the response, I shall share you a document with the details.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Mirali and @Dharshankumaar Mahendran ,

I haven’t find any solution either so far…

@Dharshankumaar Mahendran  I would also really appreciate if you could share the documentation.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

BeaFannDe