Purchase order with no receptions

• 7 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 35 replies

hi,

A customer asks me if it is possible to manage purchase order with no receptions on ifs.

For me it is mandatory because it is the reception that allows closing the purchase order.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

It is just  question from the customer   They don t want to spend time on register arrival, recepts. But the customer need finally to manage the receipts , to have a good follow-up on the po, receipts

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Ines why does your customer sees a need to close a PO without doing a receipt? Is it because they have no part order lines, ideally services only? Or do they think they should raise a PO for charges only? Or is it just a one time / ad hoc purchase only? Just trying to understand the business scenario here.

Either way, I think @Lahiru Dissanayake gave you the correct explanation that you cannot close a PO without a receipt or a partial receipt. 

And what’s the IFS version they are using? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@Ines , 

But if you have partially received some qty in the PO line, (when the PO is in Received status) you can close the PO manually by using “right click on header > Close” option. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes it is what i was thinking

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@Ines , 

I believe it’s not possible to close the order without registering any receipt. Instead you can cancel the PO. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

manage a purchase order flow without register arrival  ( no receipts)

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Lahiru Dissanayake Without carrying out any receipts for the order I think. Not registering any good receipts. Requirement is to close the order without registering any receipts.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ines

The question is quite not clear for me. What do you exactly mean by “manage purchase order with no receptions”. Could you explain it further?