Solved

Purchase order of type EXTERNAL SERVICE ORDER can not be return to the supplier

• 27 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

As per customer when trying to return the parts using “register inspection result’ in the return tab system gives error message “Puchase order of type EXTERNAL SERVICE ORDER’ cannot be return to the supplier.

How can handle this in application? Is there any workaround or solution?

icon

Best answer by pratik.b.shah 27 April 2023, 11:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We can use External Service functionality when  supplier can provide maintenance or repair services for the purchase part. When they finish the job we can receive it. If not satisfied the work, we can send it again through external service process. I do think there is no need to follow standard procurement process for that.

Badge +1

HI Piyal, 

Could you explain me the External Service Process with some details or direct me to the help document that I can understand how this can be used?

When you say, send again through External Service Process, do you mean create a new ESO manually and handle the return through the new order? 

Thank You, 

Achini

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

HI Piyal, 

Could you explain me the External Service Process with some details or direct me to the help document that I can understand how this can be used?

When you say, send again through External Service Process, do you mean create a new ESO manually and handle the return through the new order? 

Thank You, 

Achini

Hi,

If we are not satisfied external sevice provided by the supplier, we can request do that service again.Isn’t it?

regards,

Piyal

Badge +1

Based on the discussions had with R&D, External Service order functionality is introduced to send parts to get a service done, Therefore, once the service is done it will then be sent back, In that case returning materials is not possible. If additional service is required, without retuning user has to create another new external service order type of a purchase order and run the same flow

This process is not compatible with the business requirement & with the IFS CAMRO flow.
Basically the supplier has not dealt with the requested ‘service’ and User need to send it back for further investigation, while maintaining the visibility within the CAMRO flow.

The service that the User require are repairs, modifications, overhauls, etc. Therefore if this type of service does not meet the requirements upon receipt we need to be able to:
•    Return the part to the supplier for corrective actions & have visibility of this on the interim order structure.
•    Ensure that any payments are stopped (in the case of a supplier quality issue).
•    manage the situation (logistics, production & financial) until the issue is resolved.

At present we are not able to do this and unfortunately.

A case is created G2338196-A and a Solution ID for an enhancement request. 303675

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Team

Greetings

Whether it is possible to create an invoice using manual supplier invoice against external service order?

Warm Regards

Pratik Shah