Question

Import data to update parameters

• 17 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi all,

I am new to IFS9 and was wondering after I exported excel files to do data analysis and would love to import those data back in IFS to have a update parameters like safety stock etc. Can I even do that? Because it is painful to input those data one by one.

Cheers,

Lawrence 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@ngctlc yes you can, as a new user I suggest you go through the below demo that explains data migration using excel add in. That’s from IFS10 though. But this should give you the idea on how to proceed in IFS 9, I am sure. 

F1 documentation link is also shred in the video / slides. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for the help, haven’t got a chance to dig into it until today. Will also look into external file assistant. I do appreciate that.

Cheers,

Lawrence

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Tagging @KristenGastaldo the Community Lead. I think she might be able to grant the necessary permission since you have an IFS Customer account 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@EnzoFerrari Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@ngctlc  - I’ve updated your permissions as a customer. You joined with a personal email address, so it takes me a little longer to verify those!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Did it help @ngctlc ? You may also look into External File Assistant Demo as well. 

Looking into your exact requirement i.e. exported excel files to do data analysis and would love to import, I wanted to recommend the IFS Business Reporter with its ‘writeback’, but I don’t think its available in IFS9. (sorry, I am using IFS10 only) 

All these capabilities like external file assistant, excel add on and business reporter in IFS will serve similar business needs at different levels. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @EnzoFerrari ,

Thanks for your response. Requesting a permission from community@ifs.com, once I gain access to it, I will definitely look into it.

Thanks again,

Lawrence