Question

Customer Owned - INT PURCH DIR

• 10 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I was trying to do an INT PURCH DIR to deliver a part that is customer owned but located in a sister company directly to my own customer.

So my site is Site 1, But the -customer owned part lies in stock on site 2. I now want to sent a Customer order to my customer selling the customer owned part using INT PURCh DIRECT from site 2. But apparenlty the combination ‘Customer Owned’ and ‘INT PURCH DIR’ is not allowed.

Is this expected behaviour? Why is it not allowed? Should it be allowed? Is there a workaround for this?

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear ALl,

Can somebody comment on the above questions?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

Can anybody provide some feedback on the above question? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey @Timmermans Roel  - Do you have a case open about this? I’ll send this around to a few more people, but it looks like it may be one that requires some investigation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi @Timmermans Roel 

yes the behaviour is correct

If the supply code is Purchase Direct or Internal Purchase Direct and it is not a rental then the only allowed ownerships are Company Owned or Supplier Rented.

Is there a workaround?  Probably, i haven’t encountered this scenario before though.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hey @Timmermans Roel  - Do you have a case open about this? I’ll send this around to a few more people, but it looks like it may be one that requires some investigation.

Hi @KristenGastaldo ,

There is no active case open for this. Everything has to do with a repair process that also includes an intercompany scenario. So Sales Site A is dealing with the customer, but all repairs are done in Repair Site B. Customer has a part that needs preventive repair and needs to be shipped to Repair Site B, but they can’t do any direct business with them - everything needs to go through Sales Site A. In the end, Repair Site B needs to invoice Sales Site A for the work and Sales Site A invoices the customer. 

Additionally: customer requires/wants all part returns to be tracked in the RMA process. And that’s where the difficulties start.

1. using RMA as ‘Customer owned’ doesn’t work => we have a case open for this. - and an active work around (RMA as company owned, use WO to change Ownership)
  1. After Repair in a later phase Sales Site A would ask Repair Site B to ship the goods back to customer using INT PURCH DIR - but it would be a Customer Owned part so we don”t accidently ship new parts

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

hi @Timmermans Roel 

yes the behaviour is correct

If the supply code is Purchase Direct or Internal Purchase Direct and it is not a rental then the only allowed ownerships are Company Owned or Supplier Rented.

Is there a workaround?  Probably, i haven’t encountered this scenario before though.

We’re trying a workaround where the parts are repairs in Repair Site B, but officially remain stock of Sales Site A. So that resolves the problem shortly. But still customer is not happy that he has stock of Sales Site A lying in Repair Site B. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

Please could you tell me your case or bug id number ?

I have the same problem

BR

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hey @Timmermans Roel  - Do you have a case open about this? I’ll send this around to a few more people, but it looks like it may be one that requires some investigation.

Hi @KristenGastaldo ,

There is no active case open for this. Everything has to do with a repair process that also includes an intercompany scenario. So Sales Site A is dealing with the customer, but all repairs are done in Repair Site B. Customer has a part that needs preventive repair and needs to be shipped to Repair Site B, but they can’t do any direct business with them - everything needs to go through Sales Site A. In the end, Repair Site B needs to invoice Sales Site A for the work and Sales Site A invoices the customer. 

Additionally: customer requires/wants all part returns to be tracked in the RMA process. And that’s where the difficulties start.

1. using RMA as ‘Customer owned’ doesn’t work => we have a case open for this. - and an active work around (RMA as company owned, use WO to change Ownership)
  1. After Repair in a later phase Sales Site A would ask Repair Site B to ship the goods back to customer using INT PURCH DIR - but it would be a Customer Owned part so we don”t accidently ship new parts

Best Regards

Roel

Hi 

Could you tell me the number of the bugid ou the case please

It’s very urgent

BR

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @K4uChrisC ,

As mentioned in one of the replies - there is no case created. This functionality is non-existing at this moment. Apparently it is impossible for site A (= Sales Site) to send a Customer Owned part back to the customer using INT PURCH DIR from Supply Site B (=Repair Site). 

To me this remains a valid argument but at this point, IFS has not enabled such functionality.

Best Regards

Roel