Solved

Buffer Part Attributes error message

• 5 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello All, 

I am attempting to test DDMRP in IFS Apps 10. I have selected a component part in a Product Structure that I would like to enable it on. I have changed the Planning Method to H and on the Buffer Part Attributes I am attempting to run Calculate Buffer Part Attributes. However, I am receiving the following error message:

Server error messages:
7624f80a-ff2e-4264-8164-65ede32a163c

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: ORA-01722: invalid number

Failed executing statement (ORA-01722: invalid number
ORA-06512: at line 14
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MANUF_STRUCTURE_API", line 5735
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MANUF_STRUCTURE_API", line 5756
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.MANUF_STRUCTURE_API", line 5766
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.DDMRP_BUFFER_PART_ATTRIB_API", line 2857
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.DDMRP_BUFFER_PART_ATTRIB_API", line 2877
ORA-06512: at line 7)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.ParseErrorHeader(FndBuffer buffer, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.UnMarshalResponseHeader(Stream responseStream, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLSelectCommandReader.Read(Boolean prepare)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Data.ADONetProvider.FndAPCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

The Part Type is Purchased Raw. I randomly selected a top level part and the calculation worked on that. I am unsure what this error message is trying to indicate. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by cjohnson 30 November 2021, 13:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@majose Excellent!!! Thank you for the follow-up!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi again,

FYI

Actually there was another customer in UK who ran into a similar problem with structure type ‘Prototype’. Right now we have fixed the code for next core version but we are planning to fix this in Apps10 as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

UPDATE - the case has been closed as we have not been able to replicate the issue. Not sure what the culprit was, but will have to reopen case if it occurs again. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@majose I will. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

It won’t be a problem for DDMRP if lots are non-numerical.

In the support case you created please mention that the problem has been discussed in this forum and “that RnD architects consider this being a bug”. Then we can save some days for YOU

Best Regards,

Mats - RnD architect :-) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

We have also enabled Lot Batch tracking, and the lots in the system are not using numerical. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi, yes, you are correct! The part is using a prototype structure with the “P” in the revision number. I have opened a case with IFS support. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello,

Seemes like you have found a bug :-( Can you please checkout if you have  ‘Prototype’ structure type in your Bill Of Materials?

Coz I think that some of the top parts are using a Revision No that contains a non-numerical character. Perhaps you can check that to?

When you set a part to DDMRP controlled, the system resets and sets the critical path of the product structures (based on unprotected lead time), in these steps I have seen the system works with revision numbers thinking that they are all numerical. This looks for sure as a problem, but I dunno if this is the problem you run into.

Sorry for beeing a bit technical.

The only positive thing here is that it looks like it will be simple to correct.

My gut feeling is that you should log a support case ASAP

Best Regards,

Mats at IFS RnD