Question

Basic Data Translation

• 17 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

HI, I have set up basic data for payment terms, delivery terms, return causes and scrapping causes. We are working across Europe and i need to be able to print these in different languages. I have set all the translations in the basic data tables that I required but when i print out any forms and change the language, it does not work.

What am i doing wrong?   

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Basic data translations are fetched according to respective object’s language and not according to the language set in Print dialog. For example if a Purchase Order is printed, the language set in Purchase Order (Misc Order Info tab > Language) is used. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thank you for your response.

What about supplier returns, there is no way of changing the language there?

Also, can anything be set up in report rules?

Dave

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If the object does not have a language it is the Customer’s or Supplier’s (general tab) language to be used. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Could I know exact LU and report that has the issue to have look?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Make sure Use Translation is also checked for the LU.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Thanks, could I know the report (printed document) as well?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

PURCHASE_RECEIPT_RETURN_REP

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Just checked this. Users session language (user who prints the document)is used for retrieving Basic Data translations in this scenario.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Once again, thank you for your response.

However, this does not help me with the same person printing documents for different suppliers from different countries. Is there any other way?

Dave 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I recommend that this scenario to be reported to IFS Support to check the possibility of implementing a fix to consider either Supplier’s Language or Purchase Order’s language to retrieve Basic Data translations. You can request the support to compare this scenario with Purchase Order. For Purchase Order, if user session language is X and Purchase Order Language is Y, still Basic Data translations are fetched for language Y.