Question

Alert when placing order with supplier?

Badge +2

When creating supplier records, sometimes there are conditions that need to be met before purchasing officers place an order. Eg: “quality review required before order placement”, or “supplier must not be used on XYZ site” or “JSA and work plan must be submitted before work undertaken” - those sort of things. However once I create a supplier record, there is no way that I know of to prevent orders being placed until these conditions are met. Essentially, I need some sort of alert to the purchasing officer to appear when they go to create a PO for some suppliers. I can put a sticky note on the supplier record highlighting these requirements, but the purchasing team don’t go into the supplier record when they create a PO, so they won’t see these requirements. Is there anything that can do this?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Charmian,

I think most of these things should be managed in the internal procedures with the creation and activation of the suppliers. But this will not be applicable for all requirements.

Did you try to create a persistent field ‘Supplier comment’ on supplier level which will be shown as an information card or a read only custom field on the Puchase Order?

so first create a persistent custom field on the Supplier (maybe even on the Invoice tab, so information can be different per company). After creating this, you can fetch this data in a read only custom field (or even a information card) on the Purchase Order.

Good luck,

Robert

Badge +2

Many thanks for this advice. We will try this and see if it works for our problem. Thanks again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Charmian,

I think that you are still on IFS Apps, so attached are two guides to show you how to setup up custom events to achieve exactly what you want.

Basically you create an event that will automatically create an approval route on an object, in your case purchase order, and then prevent it from being released until that approval route has been signed off.

Good luck,

Antony