Solved

WaDaCo Parked Sessions

• 19 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

What causes a session to be parked, and what can I do to stop it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Mike

icon

Best answer by anmise 20 February 2020, 06:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What causes a session to be parked, and what can I do to stop it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Mike

If you start a process and then leave e.g. hit ‘Menu’ the session will be parked and you can continue where you left off. To avoid it you need to either finish the process or use ‘Undo’ to back out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Parked sessions might be quite frustrating as it still consumes WaDaCo licence :) Not 100% sure but I think that there is a standard Database Task to kill&clear parked sessions. I don’t remember the  exact name of the db task, just something with %DATA_CAPTURE%. Maybe you’ll find it useful.

BR, Lukasz

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

A session can get parked for several reasons, like mentioned above but also by for example the background job DATA_CAPTURE_SESSION_API.PARK_ALL_ACTIVE_SESSIONS/”Park All Active Data Collection Sessions” this job also have some settings you can use to control what will be parked.

If the same user starts more than one session the old one will be parked automatically. Also if you have prioritized users setup they can force normal users sessions to be parked to save up a license slot for the prioritzed user.

In the background job I mentioned you can even setup if a prioritized users session could be parked or not.

A parked session will NOT take up a license slot, the license check only looks at active sessions.