Solved

NOTIFY_BUYER_PO_AUTH_COMPLETED - event function

• 30 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Why does not the "Buyer" visible under authorization tab in Purchase Order window, even though an authorization is being fetched?
Moreover, an explanation is required for not receiving any email by the "buyer" regarding the authorization when the “NOTIFY_BUYER_PO_AUTH_COMPLETE” event is enabled.
icon

Best answer by AntonioL 8 October 2019, 08:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
@Oalumali -
Assuming this is IFS Apps 9, It appears that this question has 2 parts :

In relation to your question 'Why does not the "Buyer" visible under authorization tab in Purchase Order window, even though an authorization is being fetched?'

On the Purchase Order Window, I can see the Buyer ID field on the Purchase Order Header even when I have the Authorization tab opened.
Also ,on the Authorization tab on the Purchase Order, screen - the field 'Buyer Name' is available

Are you hoping to identify the Requisitioner on the screen ? - can a custom field be created (linked from the Purchase Requisition) for this ?

In relation to your question 'explanation is required for not receiving any email by the "buyer" regarding the authorization when the “NOTIFY_BUYER_ PO_AUTH_COMPLETE” event is enabled'

I see a standard event NOTIFY_PO_AUTH_COMPLETE
The Event Action for this would need to be enabled (you have indicated that this is enabled)
However, this email will be directed to the 'User Email Address'.
This needs to be investigated further - but I suspect this will pick up the Authorizer's email address.
(not the

Can you use a Custom Event instead of NOTIFY_PO_AUTH_COMPLETE ?
This gives you more flexibility on the fields available ?

Hope this helps.
Let me know if you need to know more.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Many thanks for the clarification Antonio (Y)