Question

Bulk Part Addition in Purchase Order

• 11 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello!

One of our customer (IFS App 10) requires to add 100+ parts into Purchase Order. Right now, there is only one option available i.e. adding parts 1 by 1. And this is not feasible.

Is there any option to add multiple parts in a Purchase Order in one go (preferably through excel)?

(I’ve tried using ‘Simple Migration Tool App 8’ but, it doesn’t serve the purpose).

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Is there a reason they are needing to add the parts completely manually to the PO instead of converting Purchase Requisitions?  Is this their regular process or a rare scenario?

Theoretically, I would imagine you could get Data Migration to help, though I’m not sure it’d be worth the setup if they would only use it occasionally.  Uploading parts in mass could also get tricky if any of the parts are on supplier agreements, have price breaks, different receive cases and inspection codes, etc.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Like jeana mentioned does it have to be PO not PR? 

if you are not keen on doing data migration e.g. with the excel migration tool, perhaps the ifs input file  is an option. 
believe @CallumW has shared it here on the community. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

The user has the option to do both. But, coming from PR would be a repetitive step (considering their business process). And they have to do it regularly. However, does PR have the option to add multiple parts at PR level? (I couldn’t find any).

I wonder why isn’t there multi-select option available like there is when adding “contacts to actions” in marketing campaign.

I’ve tried the “Simple Excel Migration Tool” but, it only works for simple single view windows and as the no. of views increase, the complexity increases for end-user (usually ending up doing nothing).

The idea of migration job is also seemingly impossible due to end-user’s lack of technical knowledge.

Userlevel 4

There was discussion copy-paste object functionallity last week.
Could that be solutions?

https://community.ifs.com/technology-all-about-the-nuts-and-bolts-that-make-it-work-50/excel-input-paste-object-tool-895

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I’ve tried that. But, doesn’t work in my case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

One way or the other, the user has to do something. For a customer of us, we prepared the upload of parts to an existing PO header. We used a migration job.

Basically it consists of two parts: Load the data, Migrate the data.

Load the data:

Prepare a migration job with the following settings:

This needs an Excel sheet with the columns mentioned above. Save it as a csv file. Close the csv file and load the data in IFS.

Onward to the second step, Migrate the data:

There are quite some lines in the Mapping. So I make it easy for myself (sorry you will have to do something yourself as well):

SELECT ORDER_NO, purchase_order_api.get_contract(order_no), 'EUR', purchase_part_supplier_api.get_inspection_code(purchase_order_api.get_contract(order_no), part_no, purchase_order_api.get_vendor_no(order_no)), PART_NO, '0', QTY, COST, 'Y', '1', to_char(sysdate,'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS'), 'PD', replace(description, '[[', chr(34)), '0', COST, to_char(work_time_calendar_api.get_next_work_day('*', sysdate),'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS'), to_char(sysdate,'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS'), '1', to_char(work_time_calendar_api.get_next_work_day('*', sysdate),'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS'), '100', '0', to_char(work_time_calendar_api.get_next_work_day('*', sysdate),'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS'), '0', '0', 'NOCONFREM', 'NODELIVREM', 'ARRQA', 'Normal', 'MANUAL', 'NODELIVERY', 'Internal', 'TRUE', 'FALSE', 'Ship-to', 'ITEM NOT EXCHANGED', '0', 'N', 'Y', '04', 'FALSE', 'FREE', 'INCLUDE', 'FALSE', 'N', NVL(UOM,'pcs'), 'FALSE', ROWID FROM IC_PUR_ORDER_LINE_L_TAB

Select statement OK, parsed and executed for 1 row 
Length of statement : 932 characters

Customer was able to load a PO in this way with approx. 1000 lines in one go.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@MilSiddiH Did any of the given solutions help you?