Question

Custom action to create normal task

• 25 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am having issues to create “NORMALTASK” based on action and link with parent ticket ?  Although IFS provided the option to create task but it is time consuming as user need to copy all information (Affected User, Task type, summary, description etc ) so I am trying to build a custom Action that will call a custom action script to create a normal task and attached with the parent ticket copying all parent tickets information.

In 11.4 version we do have a feature to create task but when I use my legacy script to create normal task passing event_type_enum="NORMALTASK" it gives me error “ERROR 808 Error encountered when creating new event: Exception: ComplexValidationException: A complex validation error has been detected by the application. Rule broken: mandatorySeedEvent, Related field: taskSeedEvent, Message: ??server.validation.errors.mandatorySeedEvent??. Status code: 400”. Legacy scripts works fine in creating incident and service request.

I tried setting the  two variable taskLinkReasonId  and taskSeedEvendID when creating task after reviewing IFS WIKI (https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-4Wiki/index.php/Integrations:assystREST_More_Examples#Example_1)but it does not work as well.

It throws exception “Error encountered when creating new event: Exception: InternalServerProxyException: The requested resource cannot be processed by the underlying application services.”.

4 replies

Badge +1

Thanks Steve, really appreciate your response. It still throws exception “Error encountered when creating new event: Exception: InternalServerProxyException: The requested resource cannot be processed by the underlying application services.”  I will wait and see if anyone from IFS side responds to this thread else will create a support ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

We were working on this task yesterday. I found that I got that and similar errors when my JSON (or possible XML if you are using it) has syntax errors or where the value I was trying to use did not already exist in the system for that event type.

We found that this worked for us….

Note: we were passing the $seedId variable in as an integer.

{
"eventTypeEnum": "NORMALTASK",
"remarks": "My Task Description",
"importProfileId": 1,
"taskLinkReasonId": 1,
"taskSeedEventId": $seedId,
"affectedUser": {
"resolvingParameters": [
{
"parameterName": "shortCode",
"parameterValue": "$affectedUser"
}
]
},
"itemA": {
{
"parameterValue": "$itemA"
}
]
},
"category": {
{
"parameterValue": "$category"
}
]
},
"seriousness": {
{
"parameterValue": "$impact"
}
]
},
"priority": {
{
"parameterValue": "$urgency"
}
]
},
"sla": {
{
"parameterValue": "$sla"
}
]
}
}

Badge +1

HI Steve:

Thanks for a quick response,  is seedID the parent ticket event ID to which this task will be linked?  I used the lua script to create the task as per below  where the EVENT_ID is the parent ticket id extracted from the custom action

new_task = {}
    new_task.importProfileId = import_profile_id
    new_task.eventTypeEnum = event_type_enum 
    new_task.itemAId = item_id
    new_task.shortDescription = AV_ITEM_N
    new_task.remarks = ACT_DESC
    new_task.taskLinkReasonId = link_reason_id
    new_task.taskSeedEventId=tonumber(EVENT_ID)

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Correct, the taskSeedEventId is the parentEventId.

I’m not very good with lua to be honest but it looks right to me. Maybe someone with more experience in the language can take a look.