Solved

What coordinates system used in IFS GIS integration?

• 10 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

What coordinates system used in IFS GIS integration?

What is SRID (Spatial Reference)?

EPSG:3059, EPSG:4326 or EPSG:3857 (or even 102100)?

Maybe there is some refence to official IFS documentation?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 10 March 2021, 21:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi, good question!

I would say there is no specific one. It all depends on what layers (map services) you add to your map. I think normally it is the first layer that is added that controls the *default* spatial reference. Different layers can have different SRIDs and I think we can add several layers on the map even if they have different SRIDs.

Normally, since many customers use Esri’s free base maps, the default SRID, which is the one that controls some of the calculations and behaviors of the map, is WGS84, or was it WKID 102100… At any rate, it is the layers you add to the map that sets the default SRID for “the map”.

Did I answer your question?

/Mathias

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thanks a lot for your answer!

And maybe you can tell about the FileServer REST API methods GIS Map form waits for?

I mean any of following:

Append, 
Apply Edits, 
Extract Changes, 
Query, 
Query Domains, 
Relationships

Could you tell where to look in to be sure?

Some documentation or event js file.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

GIS Map supports three kinds of map services: base maps, feature services (editable layers) and classic map services (https://…/MapServer). This is all explained in the functional documentation, in the topics about the GIS integration. Make sure to read those to understand how the solution works.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Mathias, thanks for your help.

I’ve read all the functional documentation.

But this question above asked me 3rd party representative from ArcGIS side.

This representative cannot directly analyze GIS integration implementation in IFS, but he wants to understand about service capabilities to provide for this integration to optimize the load speed of map. And, that’s why, he wants to know what methods from the list are used.

I think these questions are a little bit deeper than can provide any standard documentation.

And, thus, I’ve decided to ask my question here.

Anyway, I do appreciate any kind of answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Since you wrote “FileServer REST API methods” and we are not using anything named “FileServer”, I don’t know if this will be a relevant answer, but if I ignore that and look at the list of methods, we need Apply Edits and Query, at least. But we are also using widgets from Esri which might use more methods, like perhaps Query Domains (guessing now). Can't you show the integration to this person?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Sorry, maybe formulation of my question is not so clear.

Could you, please, tell where in integration source files I can find that Apply Edits and Query are used?

Searching through gisint folder for these mehods don’t give any results.

As I understand the representative - he would like to receive answers (the easiest way) and not to make any analysis on his own (the harder way).

Otherwise I would simply show him the integration and not thinking about the help of community with these questions.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I'm not sure that is fruitful. We're using Esri's standard API for JavaScript and it sometimes hides the exact details for us, when we use different features of the API. I can say that we use apply edits however (to save the IFSID) and query. Those are critical for a fully working map/integration.

Hope it helps.

/Mathias