Question

Use of Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) in Project Management

• 22 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

We are an Apps 8 user and already use the Project Management module, including the WBS element.  However, at this time we do not utilise the CBS element and I have struggled to work out how to utilise this alongside the WBS to any real advantage.  Are there any good papers/user guides/experiences out there that might assist?  The on-line Help files aren’t helping much.

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Caroline - Apologies for our delay here. I’m attaching a document that should be helpful. Additionally,  @KennyIngram said he’d be happy to discuss or demo the solution for you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Kristen, 

Many thanks for your response and the attached document.  I can see it relates to a newer version of IFS but having read it, I think it is still relevant to our version.  I am currently speaking with colleagues to see if the offer from Kenny regarding a demo would be useful, so will touch base with him if everyone agrees. 

Many thanks,

Caroline

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

@KennyIngram we would very much like to accept your offer of a demonstration please.  

Thanks,

Caroline

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

For the benefit of future visitors 

A brief post on how to set up the Cost Breakdown Structure in IFS Cloud.

Badge +1

Hi @Buddhika Kurera  Im trying to access your post about CBS but im getting this message even if im already logged in :

It looks like you might not be logged-in or do not have the correct permissions.

This content is restricted to a select group of members. If you have just joined the community, there can be a slight delay as your credentials are updated. If you still don't have access shortly, please email community@ifs.com (community@ifs.com) to request access.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be part of a special group? 

Thanks