Question

PM Action - Maintenance Plan

• 20 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I need some help understanding how Planned Finish Date and time is calculated on the Maintenance Plan of the PM Action. It seems like the system is only looking at the work list with the longest duration when calculating the Planned Finish Date. If I have a work list with duration of 4 hours, my Planned Finish Date will be 4 hours after my Planned Start Date, even though I have multiple operations with shorter durations on the PM Action. I have set up dependencies for all work lists (Finish to Start).

RMB on the line and select Jobs and Work Lists displays the correct date and time for each work list and the generated work orders also have the correct planned start and finish values.

Any suggestions on how to fix the Planned Finish date on the maintenance plan?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I have checked your case :
1. Create a PM Action
2. Create three Works with dependencies and different times (1, 2 and 0.5 hours) in the Work List
3. Then RMB and re-generate maintenance plan
4. Then go to maintenance plan tab and look the Planned Finish date.

When you do it, it happend what you describe. 

Then I have selected the line and RMB and select Work and Work List, I have seen that it calculates the dependencies, then the works starts at 9:00 and fisnish at 11:30.

My recommendation is to open a ticket with support, because it could be a bug.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I have checked your case :
1. Create a PM Action
2. Create three Works with dependencies and different times (1, 2 and 0.5 hours) in the Work List
3. Then RMB and re-generate maintenance plan
4. Then go to maintenance plan tab and look the Planned Finish date.

When you do it, it happend what you describe. 

Then I have selected the line and RMB and select Work and Work List, I have seen that it calculates the dependencies, then the works starts at 9:00 and fisnish at 11:30.

My recommendation is to open a ticket with support, because it could be a bug.

I agree with Gonzalo, 

i have tested this in Apps 10 and found that the planned finish date is only being calculated from the first Job and Work List duration.   

When a work order is generated from the plan, the correct planned start and planed finish are shown in line with the durations of the work tasks.