Solved

PM Action Elimination

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

In IFS Apps 8, is it possible to create a PM elimination when both events are calendar based?  We have a PM trigger every 3 months for a minor vehicle service.  We also have an annual major service once a year so don’t want the minor vehicle service to trigger at the point the annual major service is triggered.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

icon

Best answer by JerryB 6 January 2021, 17:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Yes, If you right click on the Annual and select “Replacement”, which will open a table of associated PMs for that that equipment object, then select the quarterly.  It will suppress the quarterly. 

Just make sure you have the operations for the quarterly on the annual so that the PM is performed properly.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thanks JerryB.  I have just one follow up question if that’s OK.  Do both jobs have to be scheduled for exactly the same date or can we use the elimination element if they are a day/week or so apart?

Regards

Caroline

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I’ve always lined them up, so I’d experiment with it and if it’s not suppressing the quarterly, revise them so that they do.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

On a slightly different angle, we have a condition based PM that triggers on engine run hours.  Each PM re-triggers based on the planned value rather than the last recorded actual value. So for example, the PM states every 2000 run hours.  We take the measure and it is at 2100 run hours.  We then want the next PM to trigger at 4100 but it currently triggers at 4000.  Is there functionality that enables this to be changed?  We have previously raised this on here but didn’t get any responses.  The item was called Condition Based PM - link here:  https://community.ifs.com/service-fsm-touch-apps-document-management-mwo-mro-pso-43/condition-based-pm-actions-4966?postid=16277#post16277

Many thanks in advance for any further assistance.

Caroline