Question

Live Business Model Management - IoT

• 14 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 2 replies

Looking for some assistance regarding the BIM model functionality in IFS.

Has there been an implementation done before where the BIM Model was used as a live business management model of the building? Has IFS done something like this with IoT setup?

I am asking because I am busy with an implementation for a Design to Handover Construction process in project management and would like to know how possible it is to include the BIM structures in the design phase to create ease of handover to Maintenance?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

IFS offers the Asset Design product for handling BIM-data. I don’t think there are many cases where full integration from BIM => ERP has been fully realized. Maybe some cases in the UK?

We are facing the same issues and have concluded that defining the asset structure defined down to BIM-object level and then demand the same structure from early design phases in a project is the key.

Best Regards

Anders

Badge +2

Hi Anders, 

Thank you for your response.

Have you seen any example of a asset design solution (excluding BIM) in IFS then? Perhaps if I can relate it to a 2D model, I can envision what it would be like with BIM.

Are these BIM-object level items able to be imported from the model into IFS?

Thanks!

Hi,

IFS offers the Asset Design product for handling BIM-data. I don’t think there are many cases where full integration from BIM => ERP has been fully realized. Maybe some cases in the UK?

We are facing the same issues and have concluded that defining the asset structure defined down to BIM-object level and then demand the same structure from early design phases in a project is the key.

Best Regards

Anders

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

We will start using Asset Design beginning 2020.

Initially this will be used with an Excel-integration for mass-import of data but we are looking at ways to automate the data flow between CAD (BIM-software) / Asset Design / GIS.

The information structure itself is not so complicated but it has to be fully standardized (i e coding of all building elements and there relation).

When we’ve been running this for a while we will start looking at IoT...

Best!

Anders

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Anders, 

Are you referring to the AIIM (Asset Information Integration Manager) capabilities here ? In that case, the core  only supports only for a XL Plug-In. But possibilities are there to extend it to other Plug-Ins.

/mayura

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

Yes it’s AIIM. We have a consultant that has built a spreadsheet generating XML-data for AIIM to import. 

This is not a desirable solution. When we are live on apps 10 we will start investigating automation through REST-APIs…

//Anders