Information Message

• 14 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick
  • 10 replies

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to raise an information message for remind something. I created Event Action and added this statement but it didnt work.

BEGIN

Client_SYS.Add_Info(Please do not forget to give edit/view access permission for users);

END;

How can I do it?

Thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi Amy,

Unfortunately the Client_SYS.Add_Info format is not supported in many screens.  If it doesn’t work on a screen, there’s no way to make it work short of a modification.

That said, there is a problem with your message too.  Do you see any error appearing, or just nothing?  

For reference, the correct format for this is something like 

CLIENT_SYS.Add_Info('PurchasePart','XXTTYY:  :P1 ', 'It is better if you specify a BUYER code...');

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Paul

Thank you for answering. Unfortunately I dont see anything, there is nothing.

Isn’t there any way to raise an info message?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Changing a parameter-value in the client code by using visual studio is a customization? sorry for disturbing, but  @Charith Epitawatta in your role as senior software engineer, could you please add your knowledge that it might be possible to activate the “CLIENT_SYS_Add_Info” for several (all?) LUs? I assumed the TPC might just do the correct setup in the client code without major effort. But perhaps I am too naive. ; )

Thank you for your feedback from a technical point of view!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Amy ,

It depends on where you want to show , how it needs to be shown and its window specific. To add the info or any warning message, window needs to be enabled with the warnings. So in the form properties needs to have the F1 Options as ‘Enable Warnings’ set to ‘True’.

With this option Client_Sys.Add_Info and Client_Sys.Add_Warining should be enabled, but this is implementation specific. In the code there can be implementation to clear the info and warnings, so it depends with the code that you are trying to modify.

Also another option would be to add a stream message, if it caters the requirement. 

Code will be some thing like bellow

DECLARE

stream_ fnd_stream_tab%ROWTYPE;

BEGIN

stream_.header := 'New Message: ' ;

stream_.stream_type := Fnd_Stream_Type_API.DB_GENERAL;

stream_.to_user := Fnd_Session_API.Get_Fnd_User();

stream_.url := 'ifsapf:frmXXXXX?';

stream_.notes :='Add the appropriate message';

stream_.lu_name := 'XXXX';

FND_STREAM_API.New_Stream_Item(stream_);

END;

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @IFSmattis,

In certain processes in certain product areas, relevant product teams have overridden framework information/warning message functionality. This is mostly due to the complexity of method calls in-between different components. As a result, sometimes warning and info messages get cleared, so they do not work as expected when we use them in Custom Events. 

So if these methods do not work in some windows, it is due to design limitations in relevant product areas. As Paul has correctly mentioned in his response, you usually have to modify core application code to make it work in such cases. And any change that modifies core application code is considered a customization. 

The modification should be checked into customer code repository as well, as you might already be aware, so that any UPDs or patches won’t override the modification done. So there’s a whole process to it if you need to go that way. Cannot just modify the code from VS and be done with it. 

Hope this clarified your problem! :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@amy are you trying to raise an error in custom code invoked in a right mouse button function?  In the past we did some custom rmb functions and then as it was processing if it got an error it would display a message back to the user to select OK to continue.   Is that what you are after?