Solved

Earliest Start hour not changing calendar id pm action

• 5 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi,

does anyone know why the Earliest start and latest finish hour is not changing when using a specific calendar id in PM action general tab?

It’s changing just the date, but the hour of the calendar is not considering.

E.g. The maint org calendar is 7/3 - 24/7 time.

but I insert the MAINT calendar in calendar ID that is - just 5 day a week and from 10am to 5pm.

the problem is: the maintenance plan of the pm action is not changing the time, just skipping the weekends.

Tks in advance

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 6 October 2020, 09:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Please find below explanation.

In General, the dates and times of the maintenance plan is calculated based on the calendar connected to your maintenance organization which is entered in the PM Action.

In this example, MAINT organization is connected to calendar 7/3 - 24/7 time.

So the time will be always calculated based on this calendar.

If you want to change the time, then you need to update the calendar of maintenance organization, but not the calendar in the PM Action.

You can try defining a different calendar to the maintenance organization and then check the maintenance plan – correct time is fetched.

Please find below the purpose of Calendar id field in PM Action, general tab.

This calendar is optional and can be used to avoid that PM lines are created during certain calendar periods, e.g. according to seasonal patterns. This is for example useful to make sure no PM lines are created during a vacation period if production stand still during that period.  This calendar can be used in conjunction with the maintenance organization calendar which makes sure the PM lines are created on working days. But while the calendar of the maintenance organization will move lines outside working time forward to next coming working day , this calendar will make sure such lines are omitted from the maintenance plan.

(This is why the weekend are skipped in your example as you have already noticed.)

Please let me know if this clarifies your issue.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Also, if you have change the calendar connected to the maintenance organization after entering it in the PM Action, then if you change the calendar afterwards, it will not directly update the maintenance plan.

You have to use the RMB option Re-generate plan in the PM action header. Then the correct time will be updated.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

hi, tks for the info Thilinik.

I understand if i use a specific calendar in pm action, the maintenance plan would consider the dates and times of this calendar, not the maint org. calendar.

So, even if i insert a different calendar id in general of the pm action, the maintenance plan just consider the maint org calendar date and time?

I opened a case to GSO asking about it.

tks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Yes, that’s the current functionality in the core application.

Calendar of the maintenance organization defines the dates and times of the maintenance plan.

Calendar id field in PM Action, general tab has a different purpose - i,e it can be used to avoid that PM lines are created during certain calendar periods, e.g. according to seasonal patterns. 

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi, tks a lot 4 yer attention.

I’m reporting to the customer.

Badge +2

Can we use the RMB option to Re-generate plan for all PM like we do in the PM action header of one PM???

We would like to do in bulk for all PM - Re-generate plan. Any help appreciated?