Question

Downtime Reporting in IFS basic Maintenance model in Apps10

• 18 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We are trying to add downtime reporting in IFS for our Maintenance team.  We are using Apps10, where tasks have been introduced.  I see start and finish times, but i don’t see anything about downtime.  Is there someplace to record this that someone is using that we can also use? 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

We are trying to add downtime reporting in IFS for our Maintenance team.  We are using Apps10, where tasks have been introduced.  I see start and finish times, but i don’t see anything about downtime.  Is there someplace to record this that someone is using that we can also use? 

You could use the Operational Status on the Objects. The status changes are captured in the object journal.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks @anmise.  This does tell us if something is down or up, but unfortunately can only time/date stamp for right now.  If something went down yesterday and i need to record that, I can’t.  I have created a case with IFS, but don’t seem to be getting too many good answers here. Sounds like we are going to have to create a simple custom field as a date so we can track this better. 

Badge +2

I’ve seen this done before by using an Incident with and associated custom field for Non-Productive Time (NPT). This gives you the ability to track not only downtime but also the reason and associated corrective action. An added benefit is that it does not impact the Object or Work Execution.