Solved

Date Scheduled Preventative Maintenance

• 24 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I cannot seem to create a PM that automatically generates a work order based on dates.  Can you assist?

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 24 June 2020, 09:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Can you please  check whether your PM action has below settings ? If yes, in the maintenance plan tab, the plan will be created. then you can enter the site and week (any other filtering data) and generate work orders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Things to note:

1. In Application Base Setup\System Setup\System Definitions\Object property tab - Property name PM_PLAN_HORIZON should have a property value set to a future year. (Or else enter a valid to date in general tab in the PM Action)
  2. Calendar connected to maintenance organization should be non-expired and in generated status.
  3. PM Action must be active

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you have the pm actions then it might be that you are missing the scheduled database task running the calendar grneration feature. 

Badge +2

Thank you all.  It was a combination of all of your tips that help me resolve the problem!  Thank you so much!

Badge +1

Hello, I found this helpful but after following the steps I am still not seeing the extended dates on the Maintenance Plan.  When I try to run the Calendar Generation I get an Error Message - There are no valid actions for the entered criteria.  

PM is active

Maintenance Plan - start value is 1/8/2017 and Valid From 12/1/2016

The last Maintenance Plan was generated 6/12/20.

I believe it may be an issue with Calendar but I can not locate.

PM_PLAN_HORIZON is 2022

Maintenance Calendar out 2023

I have a scheduled Database Task - PM Generate Calendar is scheduled daily.

Any help will be much appreciated.