Question

Customer Rental Line Invoices

• 20 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Looking for anyone that is able to charge customer rental lines by frequency shipped rather than duration of time ‘on rent’.

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Can you explain a little more?  Are you returning the item and renting it back out multiple times?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The item will be manufactured or purchased, sent out on a rental (typically 10 day turn but need 90 day tracking for ‘loss charges’).   The item returns, may/may not get refurb and then goes out on another rental line.   These are serial tracked items.

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Ahh.. I think I understand.  you are trying to rent it back out without having to do the return process and start it on a new rental for a new customer?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

We have tried several scenarios but the rent will only charge per time interval (hours, days, etc).   We connected a complimentary non-inventory sales part that will represent the turn charge.  It feels like there is a better solution but I have yet to find one.

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I don’t think you’ll be able to go around this since the invoice is based on rental transactions and the rental transactions generated is based on the transaction schedule.  Do let me know if you do come up with some creative way to do this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I will certainly pass along any further developments on this topic.   

Best-

Christy