Solved

Cannot delete PM Actions with Pm Action Calendar Plan

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am trying to delete an Object ID in the Equipment Object Navigator, but to do that I need to delete the PMs associated with the Object ID. I created a few to test some things and now need to delete them. I cannot delete the Work Order or Pm Actions because it is used in Pm Action Calendar Plan. I also cannot edit the calendar because said Pm Actions are Obsolete. They should not have any Time ($$$) associated with them, so why can’t I delete them? 

icon

Best answer by JerryB 18 March 2021, 20:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Once you’ve changed the status on Work Order or PM, the system doesn’t let you remove it.  If you do create a PM action and need to delete it, you can delete everything in the calendar plan, then delete the PM.  

If this is in PROD and in the way, I suggest making a dummy functional object called obsolete or boneyard or whatever you want to call it to move mistakes and even retired equipment, move the equipment into it, and start with a new equipment object.

Jerry

Badge +1

Once you’ve changed the status on Work Order or PM, the system doesn’t let you remove it.  If you do create a PM action and need to delete it, you can delete everything in the calendar plan, then delete the PM.  

If this is in PROD and in the way, I suggest making a dummy functional object called obsolete or boneyard or whatever you want to call it to move mistakes and even retired equipment, move the equipment into it, and start with a new equipment object.

Jerry

@JerryB I tried but I cannot save any changes to an Obsolete Pm Action - including the Object ID. I also cannot change the Status from Obsolete to anything else. Am I just stuck with this?

Upon further inspection, there appears to be 0.05 Hours logged to this. Since now it has dollar signs attached to it in the form of labor, is there anything I can do to delete it? Or are we stuck with it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Yeah, I’m afraid you’re stuck with it.  Just move it to a boneyard and create a new one.  If it messes up your ID, maybe suffix it with an A or whatever you’re comfortable with.  Been there, done that...I feel your pain.