Question

WO Work Task new planning - server cannot serialize the data

• 4 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi All.

I’m getting this message as I press the + plus buttom to create a new line in planning tab inside the work task of a work order.

This happen with the owner user.

Does anyone know something about it?

Tks a lot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error while serializing contents.

This error happens when the server cannot serialize the data to be sent to the client.
A common cause is that one attribute's length exceeds the defined maxlength in the projection.
To find more info, open Log Window or Debug Console, refresh and then check Network Tab in DevTools. In the response there can be more detailed information about the exception.

Url: https://pettst.avcweb.com.br:64080/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/WorkTaskHandling.svc/Reference_ActiveWorkOrder?$filter=WoNo%20eq%2085008&$skip=0&$top=2

Request Id = 73f0e6bb-7261-44e4-adfe-2430f49601e6
Date = 2022-10-04T13:28:31.496Z
Client version = 10.14.127.0

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi All.

I’m getting this message as I press the + plus buttom to create a new line in planning tab inside the work task of a work order.

This happen with the owner user.

Does anyone know something about it?

Tks a lot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error while serializing contents.

This error happens when the server cannot serialize the data to be sent to the client.
A common cause is that one attribute's length exceeds the defined maxlength in the projection.
To find more info, open Log Window or Debug Console, refresh and then check Network Tab in DevTools. In the response there can be more detailed information about the exception.

Url: https://pettst.avcweb.com.br:64080/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/WorkTaskHandling.svc/Reference_ActiveWorkOrder?$filter=WoNo%20eq%2085008&$skip=0&$top=2

Request Id = 73f0e6bb-7261-44e4-adfe-2430f49601e6
Date = 2022-10-04T13:28:31.496Z

Hi All.

I have done some tests and found out that the problem is the lenght of the work task description.

look the trace: 11:50:44 TRACE - SERVER stacktrace {"exceptions":[{"class":"org.apache.olingo.server.api.deserializer.DeserializerException","message":"Invalid value: EC-CNB: REALIZAR FIXACAO DE SUPORTES DE TUBULACAO DA LINHA DE DRENO DN 1” NOS DRY COOK DOS TANQUES DE ARMAZENAMENTOS DA ESTACAO. for property: TaskDescription","invocation":{"class":"org.apache.olingo.server.core.deserializer.json.ODataJsonDeserializer","method":"readPrimitiveValue","line":645}},{"class":"org.apache.olingo.commons.api.edm.EdmPrimitiveTypeException","message":"The literal 'EC-CNB: REALIZAR FIXACAO DE SUPORTES DE TUBULACAO DA LINHA DE DRENO DN 1” NOS DRY COOK DOS TANQUES DE ARMAZENAMENTOS DA ESTACAO.' does not match the facets'

Doing the same process in IEE no problem.

Reducing the number of caracthers the process works without error.

Does someone know if there is already a BUG to correct this?

Tks a lot

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @lopespetro ,
I could not recreate this error in APP10 UPD17. What is the character length of the work task description that you have used ?. It is allowed to enter only 200 characters in UPD17.

However, please note that same error in work task window has been corrected in UPD 13. (but the test plan is different)

Test Plan:
# Go to Prepare Work Order page and details to create WO
# Create Work Task 
# View Work Task 
# Select *MATERIAL* and try to add a line 
# Sever Error as in the figure , *Server Error*
# But can proceed the flow 

+Error in detail :+ 

#Error while serializing contents.#Error while serializing contents.
This error happens when the server cannot serialize the data to be sent to the client.A common cause is that one attribute's length exceeds the defined maxlength in the projection.To find more info, open Log Window or Debug Console, refresh and then check Network Tab in DevTools. In the response there can be more detailed information about the exception.
Url: [https://cmbgse1970.corpnet.ifsworld.com:48080/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/WorkTaskHandling.svc/Reference_ActiveWorkOrder?$filter=WoNo%20eq%20204707&$skip=0&$top=2]
Request Id = 52ba5fe5-48d5-43e5-beb8-55fb35c8c325Date = 2021-08-17T05:58:11.000ZClient version = 10.13.117.0

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro ,
I could not recreate this error in APP10 UPD17. What is the character length of the work task description that you have used ?. It is allowed to enter only 200 characters in UPD17.

However, please note that same error in work task window has been corrected in UPD 13. (but the test plan is different)

Test Plan:
# Go to Prepare Work Order page and details to create WO
# Create Work Task 
# View Work Task 
# Select *MATERIAL* and try to add a line 
# Sever Error as in the figure , *Server Error*
# But can proceed the flow 

+Error in detail :+ 

#Error while serializing contents.#Error while serializing contents.
This error happens when the server cannot serialize the data to be sent to the client.A common cause is that one attribute's length exceeds the defined maxlength in the projection.To find more info, open Log Window or Debug Console, refresh and then check Network Tab in DevTools. In the response there can be more detailed information about the exception.
Url: [https://cmbgse1970.corpnet.ifsworld.com:48080/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/WorkTaskHandling.svc/Reference_ActiveWorkOrder?$filter=WoNo%20eq%20204707&$skip=0&$top=2]
Request Id = 52ba5fe5-48d5-43e5-beb8-55fb35c8c325Date = 2021-08-17T05:58:11.000ZClient version = 10.13.117.0

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Hi @Nethmini Kosvinna, Tks for reply.

There are 127 caracters, after remove and leave just 86, it worked well with no error.

this is the full description: EC-CNB: REALIZAR FIXACAO DE SUPORTES DE TUBULACAO DA LINHA DE DRENO DN 1” NOS DRY COOK DOS TANQUES DE ARMAZENAMENTOS DA ESTACAO

with this one, no error: EC-CNB: REALIZAR FIXACAO DE SUPORTES DE TUBULACAO DA LINHA DE DRENO DN 1” NOS DRY COOK

Already created a case G2352745.

If you couldn’t recreate the problem, maybe there a fix for it.

If you and someone find it, let me know please.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi all,

This is already corrected via bug 161951 and delivered in APP10 UPD15.

Best Regards,

Shamila

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi all,

This is already corrected via bug 161951 and delivered in APP10 UPD15.

Best Regards,

Shamila

Hi @shaflk , tks for the reply and info.

Br.

Lopes

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @shaflk , after appling the BUG, the error now is as I try to report manual transaction.

The error appears as I try to report or report and close.

Also follow the log.

Do you know someting about it too?

Tks a lot

An internal server error occurred. Contact administrator.

Url: null

Request Id = null
Date = 2022-10-10T17:52:55.554Z

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @lopespetro, @Nethmini Kosvinna ,

I have looked into this issue and we have defined task description max length as 100 in ReportManualTransactionAssistant in APP10 aurena code where it should be 200.

Anyway the error is not recreating in latest APP10 core may be handling from Framework.

Pls send a task to R&D for APP10 Track so we can correct the issue.

Best Regards,

Shamila

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro@Nethmini Kosvinna ,

I have looked into this issue and we have defined task description max length as 100 in ReportManualTransactionAssistant in APP10 aurena code where it should be 200.

Anyway the error is not recreating in latest APP10 core may be handling from Framework.

Pls send a task to R&D for APP10 Track so we can correct the issue.

Best Regards,

Shamila

Hi @shaflk , thank you so much for the feedback.

I’ll ask the local support to send the task to R&D and hope to get the fix soon.

Br.

Lopes