Replace Obsolete Work Task Templates

• 24 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 24 replies

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to easily replace obsolete work task templates in IFSAPPS10. I found a thread about the same questions, but it is not clear to me.

Obsolete revisions on PM Actions | IFS Community

Currently the only effective method known to me is as follows.

1. Create Work Task Template Revision
  2. Create revision on relevant PM Programs
  3. Replace Work Task Template in PM Programs
  4. Apply new revision on relevant objects
  5. Correct Start Value (effective change date)

This seems to be a lot of work, so I found the function: Replace Obsolete Work Task Templates On PM Actions. But this does not update existing active PM Actions.

So I found the thread and was hopeful to try to change the Work Task Template via RMB on the header. Unfortunately, I am unable to try this due to the fact it keeps being grayed out. 

Several tests later, trying out new revisions, status changes. I remain unable to select these options.

Can someone help me?

icon

Best answer by Thommy 25 November 2022, 15:46

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Wout,

Looking at your last screenshot, you first need to make the new revision active. That will make previous revision Obsolete and then the options will be available on the new revision.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Thommy,

As I stated in my original note, the status of the Work Task Template does not seem to be of influence.

So I found the thread and was hopeful to try to change the Work Task Template via RMB on the header. Unfortunately, I am unable to try this due to the fact it keeps being grayed out. 

Several tests later, trying out new revisions, status changes. I remain unable to select these options.

So as we say in Dutch, Unfortunately Peanutbutter.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Wout 

That is really odd.

What update are you on (so I can try to test on the same update)?

Stupid question - you have used the first revision on a PM Action?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Thommy,

As far is I can tell, it is the following.

I am testing this function in the test environment by the way.

In the example I sent, I did the following;

1. create new revision on work task template
  2. modify job description
  3. save modification
  4. set task template status from Preliminary to Active
  5. RMB header, options stay grayed out

I have made earlier attempts using the “Replace Obsolete Work Task Templates on PM Actions” function. But after creating new revisions (and not using “Replace” function) I keep getting the grayed out options.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I have now also tested this in Update 12 (your update level), and I can’t recreate this.

I also first used the “Replace Obsolete Work Task Templates on PM Actions” function (which worked) and then creating a new work task template and new revison on that and got the options available.

I did the following after using “Replace Obsolete Work Task Templates on PM Actions” first time:

1. create a new work task template
  2. activate the template
  3. use option “Generate PM Action” to create a PM with the template connected (you can of course connect the template to an existing PM or create a PM manuallt and connect the template)
  4. create new revision on work task template
  5. modifiy job description
  6. save modification
  7. set task template status from Preliminary to Active
  8. RMB header, options available and working

So this is very odd if it don’t work for you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Thommy 

Following your steps to create a PM Action I am able to select a couple of options. (see below)

This works when the PM Action is Preliminary and Active.

The revision also is pulled through to the Active PM Action.

Could this have something to do with PM Programs. As we are using this method to attach multiple Work Task Templates to multiple Objects?

When I create a new revision on a Work Task Template used in PM Programs and PM Actions I get this message. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Wout ,

You mention that the Replace Obsolete Work Task Templates (WTT) on PM Actions does not update existing active PM Actions. Can you check this again, because it should be updated. It is not updating the existing PM Action, but it creates a new revision (and sets the old one to obsolete).

Besides this, if you have run ‘Replace obsolete work task templates on PM actions’ It will grey out the options on the Work Task templates. So, you should either doe it with the RMB per Work Task Template, or you can do this from the Replace obsolete work task templates on PM actions option (which you can also schedule).

If you follow the test steps of @Thommy , then you can add some extra steps:

1. RMB header is active (do not execute this)
  2. Run ‘Replace obsolete work task templates on PM actions’ from the navigator
  3. Check the created background job and check if this is executed
  4. Now go back to the WTT and see that the RMB’s are not active anymore
  5. Now check the create PM Action and see that a new revision is created with the correct WTT revision

Note, if you have unticked the revision control on the PM Action, it will update the existing PM Action (I would not advise this anyway)

Hope this clarifies some,

Robert

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@EqeRobertK

This seems to work on PM Actions generated via the steps you and @Thommy mentioned. But I get no results on PM Actions or WTT's connected via PM Programs.

The only way to update the PM Actions in PM Programs is to;

1. But by doing so the Start Value is changed. This is sensitive to errors. Especially, when certain objects have intervals of longer periods (up to 20 years in our case).

So my question remains, is it possible to update PM Programs, without modifying the Start Value?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@Wout 

When using PM Program this is the process to update the connected PM Actions.