Question

Print Attachment with Work Orders

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Hi,

We are having work instructions as attachments to the PM’s and Work Orders/Tasks. These attachments should be printed together with the Work Order. Is it possible with IFS App 10 standard to print Work Orders with attachments in same operation?

21 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @odst ,

If you all documents attached to the Work order/task, yes it’s possible.

Fancy to help. 😊

Cheers,

Kushan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Good question, I just checked this in IFS10 and IFS Cloud, but I was not able to find this.

I know this was an option within previous versions, so I am also curious to the answer. Hopefully this is still possible from IFS10.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @odst 

When you RMB and go to Work Order Report Control option, you can select the attached documents to be printed.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks Amila!

@odst, please not that this option is only available in the WO status released and started. It is also possible to execute this for multiple WO’s from the Active Work Orders overview.

@Amila Samarasinghe , do you know if this option is also available in IFS Cloud? I cannot see this option (in 21R2). Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @EqeRobertK 

I am seeing the connected documents tab here but there is no connected documents tick box as shown in APP10. So I am not exactly sure this works in IFS cloud

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@EqeRobertK 

If I were to guess, that's not been implemented in IFS Cloud.

@ereslk Any idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Also ping @shaflk :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

All, 

I found the work order report control also in IFS Cloud, but same issue as mentioned by @Amila Samarasinghe. There is no tickbox for document connection, only document index.

Badge +2

Hi @odst 

When you RMB and go to Work Order Report Control option, you can select the attached documents to be printed.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for all comments, appreciated.

This brings new issues up as this is a bit more cumbersome process than we would prefer. And also we should be able to print in all statuses. 

Would it be possible to call this functionality with configurations so we have a new print option “Print with attachments” where it includes all documents attachments to the printing? And it is printing in all statuses.

Thanks again

Brgds Odd Erling Andreassen

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@EqeRobertK

If I were to guess, that's not been implemented in IFS Cloud.

@ereslk Any idea?

Yes Mathias, This was not implemented as there was some technical limitations.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Would it be possible to call this functionality with configurations so we have a new print option “Print with attachments” where it includes all documents attachments to the printing? And it is printing in all statuses

@odst You could do this with a custom menu but that will require some coding and bit of hacking. Please see below post to get an idea

Printing attachment using pl/sql or reporting rule. | IFS Community

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Client side printing cannot be done using configuration. A customization would be needed to do that, since we rely on the Aurena Agent to do the printing and it requires "client coding".

A server based printing "hack" might be able to print PDF files, but no other file formats.

Badge +2

All, 

I found the work order report control also in IFS Cloud, but same issue as mentioned by @Amila Samarasinghe. There is no tickbox for document connection, only document index.

Hi @ereslk 

Is there any plan to implement this in IFS Cloud in future?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @ravin_wj ,

As known to me there is no plan for now to introduce this in IFS Cloud. Any comments from you @Mathias Dahl whether this will be possible in the near future.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I don't think it would be impossible to also print the attached documents if we wanted to. By using the Aurena Agent we can local printing of document files. So I think this can be done but it needs to be planned and done by the team that owns that assistant/dialog.

Badge +2

@ereslk @Mathias Dahl  Thank you for the information.

@ereslk  The reason why I raised this question again because I’m handling a case that customer is pointing out this issue in 22R1. Could I say that this will be included in future versions?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @ravin_wj ,

Yes, we could consider implementing this for a future version if the technical limitations are sorted. Need some technical investigations to confirm it.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello Gurus! I’t been a year since this post was last touched, any news regarding the possibility to get documents (pdf) attached to a WO included in the print? Ideally we want to have the PDF embedded in the IFS print if possible, in case it will be emailed rather than printed to paper. @Mathias Dahl  @ereslk ? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I should have mentioned the customer I am working with are updating to 23R1.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Tor,

This has been implemented in 22R2.

Further in 23R1 there was a similar functionality introduced on Work Tasks to print attachments along with the Work Task through “ Work Task Report Control”

Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

This has been implemented in 22R2.

Further in 23R1 there was a similar functionality introduced on Work Tasks to print attachments along with the Work Task through “ Work Task Report Control”

@Tor 

The "embedding document attachments into the printed PDF" has NOT been implemented yet. We are looking into that to be added "soon", but it's not there now.