Solved

Object transformation - TaskTemplateWorkStep to PmActionWorkStep

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi All.

Could someone help how could I set up an object transformation from TaskTemplateWorkStep to PmActionWorkStep?

My need is to transform an image from worktaskstep template to the pm actions and finally to a workorder. Also as I create a new revision from it.

This is the transformation I’m using:

TASK_TEMPLATE_ID=PM_ACTION_JOB_API.Get_Std_Job_Id(pm_no,pm_revision,work_list_no),
TASK_TEMPLATE_REV=PM_ACTION_JOB_API.Get_Std_Job_Revision(pm_no,pm_revision,work_list_no),
WORK_LIST_NO=ROW_NO,
WORK_STEP_SEQ=pm_action_work_step_seq

Trying to do but getting the error bellow:

Tks a lot

Server error messages:
580416c0-2cbc-4384-b02a-337d04fabb24

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small

Failed executing statement (ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
ORA-06512: at line 16
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 3333
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 3339
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 3938
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 3948
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 3252
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 3271
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 3059
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 3078
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 1667
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 1671
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 761
ORA-06512: at "IFSPET.OBJ_CONNECT_LU_TRANSFORM_API", line 772
ORA-06512: at line 10)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.ParseErrorHeader(FndBuffer buffer, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.UnMarshalResponseHeader(Stream responseStream, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLSelectCommandReader.Read(Boolean prepare)
   at Ifs.Fnd.Data.ADONetProvider.FndAPCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 3 August 2022, 15:57

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @lopespetro,

Goed question, I think this is a request for more customers as well.

I do not exactly know how to manage this, but using get function in the edit window does not work. You need to create a “trans” based on the API. See from task template to pm action (headers) as example.

@Mathias Dahl, DO you know how this can be created for the work steps? Maybe even create it as a system defined? Note that standard teh object connection is not set for both LU’s.

Thanks,

Robert

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @lopespetro 

As @EqeRobertK mentioned, get methods directly defined in transformation method will not work and since there is no direct column mapping, you need to write a custom db method which will output the source key ref and takes target key ref as input. 

Also you can do the same with custom fields by having custom columns which points to source key columns in the target lu.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @EqeRobertK and @Amila Samarasinghe , Thanks for the reponse and attention!

In this case, how can I get the Task template ID and REV?

There is no option in Target LU Key.

Tks a lot

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

As @Amila Samarasinghe  has mentioned, you can also do this with custom fields.

Om the PM Action steps, you can define two custom fields (I used the expression).

When you do so, you need to change the object connection as well, so you can use the custom fields:

Now you can do the edit transformation with the custom fields:

Hope this helps,

Robert

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

As @Amila Samarasinghe  has mentioned, you can also do this with custom fields.

Om the PM Action steps, you can define two custom fields (I used the expression).

When you do so, you need to change the object connection as well, so you can use the custom fields:

Now you can do the edit transformation with the custom fields:

Hope this helps,

Robert

Hi @EqeRobertK , got it. I’ll try and let your guys know about.

Just one doubt: I normally use “Select” type as a create a custom field.

Could you give me an example of “Expression” type as you mentioned?

Wich one is recommended?

Tks a lot

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @EqeRobertK , tried as you said, but getting this error.

Could you help please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @lopespetro 

Did you change the package and view name for lu PmActionWorkStep to the custom field package/view in window “Object connections” ? Otherwise object connection transformation window will still refer to the core view. 

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro 

Did you change the package and view name for lu PmActionWorkStep to the custom field package/view in window “Object connections” ? Otherwise object connection transformation window will still refer to the core view. 

Thanks

Hi @Amila Samarasinghe , sorry, I forgot to change it.

Doc and media worked for the worklist. From tasktemplate to PmAcion.

but not for the worktaskstep.

I’m doing some more tests with connections.

I need: TasktemplateTaskStep > PmActionStep > WorkTaskStep > Mobile

The Mechanic needs to see the doc or media in worktask and some in worktaskstep.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@lopespetro 

To bad that this did not work, I just checked my setup, and there the documents are also not shown:(

Note: The object transformation does not make a connection, but only shows the document connections. So it is not possible to link it again to a next LU in the process. But then again, in your example it should be possible to show the document from the WTT step to the WT Step. I hope these documents are also shown in Mobile WO, that I do not know.

@Amila Samarasinghe , can you help us out? Please see the complete required flow, which makes sense. So attach a document the Work Task Template Step, should be shown in Mobile Work Order as well. This sounds like standard, who should we ask for this (Service and Maintenance and/or Document Management expert)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

If you think this is a Object Connection Transformation rule that would be obvious to have in IFS (it's often subjective, of course), you could create an idea for having it added.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If you think this is a Object Connection Transformation rule that would be obvious to have in IFS (it's often subjective, of course), you could create an idea for having it added.

Yes @Mathias Dahl , This is a very important function that I could see different customers in different segments using in daily practice.

I’ll check IFS ideas.

Tks for feedback and attention!

Br.

Lopes