Solved

Linear Assets

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

• It seems that on IFS Cloud 21R1, you cannot create any Linear Asset.

When I click on the + button, I get these server error.

Invalid URL.

Url: https://ifspsd1-d01.demo.ifs.cloud/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/emptyUrl/_Default()
        Date = 2021-07-05T08:46:12.170Z
        Request Id = c9f1ec73-67dd-48b0-9e32-557c9577c0f2
        Client version = 21.1.3.20210604053955.0.

Failed to retrieve metadata due to internal error.

Url: https://ifspsd1-d01.demo.ifs.cloud/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/LinearAssetHandling.svc/LinastLinearAssetSet?$orderby=LinearAssetName,LinearAssetRevisionNo&$select=LinearAssetName,Description,LinearAssetRevisionNo,Objstate,Objgrants,luname,keyref&$skip=0&$top=25
        Date = 2021-07-05T08:46:37.647Z
        Request Id = ea2e7ddf-039e-43dc-8e25-bd00e7168de7
        Client version = 21.1.3.20210604053955.0

• Also, when I try to access the details of an already created Linear Asset, (see screenshot), I also get this server error and cannot access to the details of the linear asset

Failed to retrieve metadata due to internal error.

Url: https://ifspsd1-d01.demo.ifs.cloud/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/LinearAssetHandling.svc/LinastLinearAssetSet?$filter=(LinearAssetSq%20eq%205%20and%20LinearAssetRevisionNo%20eq%201)&$orderby=LinearAssetName,LinearAssetRevisionNo&$select=LinearAssetName,Description,LinearAssetRevisionNo,Objstate,LinearAssetSq,LinearAssetRevisionNo,Objgrants,luname,keyref&$skip=0&$top=25
        Date = 2021-07-05T08:49:29.337Z
        Request Id = 08fd99b0-6134-4e8c-82cd-0aacf579f8aa
        Client version = 21.1.3.20210604053955.0

Could you please provide some inputs? As I’m new with the asset management module on IFS Cloud, Maybe I did something wrong.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards

Guillaume

icon

Best answer by Navinth Bakmeedeniya 6 September 2021, 06:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

We have seen couple of instances of projection metadata invalidation recently due to configuration in object connections using custom field views. In those cases, invalidation had occurred when enumeration type custom fields are present in those views.

Can you please have a check whether your issue is the same?

Steps:

1. In Object Connections page check,
whether any standard entity (Logical Unit) is added with view name %_CFV

CFVObjectConnection​​​​

Or

whether any custom entity (Logical Unit) is added with view name %_CLV

CLVObjectConnection

2. If step one is TRUE, then check any of the services in the service list of that record is used in your projection.

e.g. DocReferenceObject is used in DocumentRevisionHandling

3. If both the above steps are TRUE, then
     - in step 1, if it is standard entity then replace the %_CFV with the base view of that entity (e.g. in the above example, use EQUIPMENT_FUNCTIONAL)

Or

- in step 1, if it is custom entity then remove the objection connection record

4. Now refresh the projection cache & try to have the server call on LinearAssetHandling again.

If the issue still persists, then you have a different issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks This made the trick. 

I hade a CFV blocking one screen and a CLV blocking another. 

Joakim 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for reporting back, @Joakim Fransson !

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Mathias Dahl In order to work around the bug you have to avoid those special views or avoid using custom attributes of enumeration type. Once the bug is fixed it should all work again. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you a lot Navinth,

we didn't have CFV view on object connexion but personal entities CLV. After deleting them, everything is functional again, doc revision and linear asset.

Have a good day,

Seb.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hi @mathias Are you really sure it is specific to this environment ? Because on REGIONAL TEST LKP, the first time you connect with alain

1. You search : no record displayed
  2. You create a new asset : the hereunder error is fired. As you can notice, the records are displayed in the background
  3. Once the error is validated, system works fine
  4. If you disconnect and reconnect, the system works fine
Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Something is wrong with that environment. You probably need help either from the platform team to investigate the issue or the team hosting the environment to restart it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Matthias,

Will do.

Thank you for your answer.

Will keep you updated next week for your information

Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello,

I have made some tests and checked configuration. The problem still occurs on LinearAssetHandling projection (form page) but not on LinearAssetsHandling (List view).

There is no customization on the entity, or the page. 

The projection LinearAssetHandling.svc seems broken as OData and OpenAPI both trigger an error ‘MI_RETRIEVAL_ERROR’ : Failed to retrieve metadata due to internal error.

@Ranil Fernando, is it possible for you to check if the LinearAssetHandling.svc projection is not invalid, and restore it if necessary, or should we open a ticket in Support ?

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello,

I have made some tests and checked configuration. The problem still occurs on LinearAssetHandling projection (form page) but not on LinearAssetsHandling (List view).

There is no customization on the entity, or the page. 

The projection LinearAssetHandling.svc seems broken as OData and OpenAPI both trigger an error ‘MI_RETRIEVAL_ERROR’ : Failed to retrieve metadata due to internal error.

@Ranil Fernando, is it possible for you to check if the LinearAssetHandling.svc projection is not invalid, and restore it if necessary, or should we open a ticket in Support ?

Thanks

I forgot the env name : ifspsd1-d01

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Is the conclusion that we cannot use any other views in Object Connections than the ones developed by R&D? There are some features in Docman and GIS where we try to support CFVs at least. What we can do, and I think we might do in some case already, is to check if there is a custom version (CFV) of the base view, for a given entity. And how about those UIVs (done by R&D though), does those work better?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks!