Question

constraint between workorder status - worktask status - workassignment status

• 27 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi community

I would like to know the workflow status or at least the constraints between.
workorder status - worktask status - workassignment status
→ is there any drawing somewhere ?all this status are describes separately

Regards

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

Please refer the following online documentation on "Status handling on work tasks" which lists the relationships between status changes on a work task and work assignment:

http://docweb.corpnet.ifsworld.com/ifsdoc/Apps10/Documentation/en/default.htm?openpage=http://docweb.corpnet.ifsworld.com/ifsdoc/Apps10/Documentation/en/WorkTaskManagement/AboutWorkTaskStatus.htm

Best Regards,

Yasanthi 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yasanthi, I have tried your link above and it is not working. Can you screen shot the information or anything? I was going to ask a question about this but hoping that this documentation may help me solve on my own. I know that once all of the assignments are completed it marks the task work done and then if you only have one task that will update the work order to work done, but our question was specifically why can you add more assignments once the task is work done but you cannot add more tasks to a work done work order?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

Since you are unable to open online documentation link, I have added a screenshot of the most relevant part.

The general rule is, when changing the last work assignment to Completed, the work task should go to Work Done. But there can be some situations where there are some left over work to be done by someone else which should be reported back to the work task again. So, it is allowed to add more work assignments once the task is work done (but not allowed in reported state). However, this is not accepted for the work order/work task level. You cannot add more tasks to a work done work order, since it considers work as completed in the work order when all the work tasks are work done.

Hope this clarifies your concern.

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The systemet behaves a bit different dependent on how a Work Assignment is created:

• If we have a Work Task whith a Demand line, but we have created the Work Assignment with "Direct Allocation" , then when the status of the Assignment is set to Completed, then the status on the Work Order is not automatically updated to Work Done. The system "know" that there is a demand line that is not Allocated. (Even if you have the same Resource ID on the Demand Line as on the Assignment line.)
• It works if you have created the Work Assignment with the tab "Allocations on Demands", then when you change the status on the Assignment to completed, then the status on the Work Order is automatically updated to Work Done.

(In the picture in earlier reply, there is a note.)

Best Regards,

Jonas Hermansson

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Jonas Hermansson

Thanks for your answer

I have an other question about EDM

in Projet definition Media tab does not appearc, and Contract change Order tab and risks tab. appear in attachment section.

Do you know which parameter need to be activated ?

How to make tab to appear or desappear ? 

Regards

Djedai