Solved

Connect Tool/Equipment to Serial Object

• 20 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to connect a tool/equipment resource to a serial object in IFS Apps 10 but so far I have not succeeded. 

Does anyone know the exact steps to follow to do so ?

I have noticed the empty field “ID object” on the Tool/equipment page but I can access the LOV or enter any data.

Thank you everyone. 

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 20 October 2020, 11:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Kindly note that the field “Object ID” on the Tool/equipment page is for information only and displays the connection between Tool/Facility ID and Equipment Object in Apps9.

However you can you the Part number and serial number field in Tool/equipment page to connect the serial part to the tool/equipment.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Thilini,

Thanks for your kind answer.

My goal is indeed to connect the Tool/equipemnt ID to an Equipment Object, as a Serial Object. 

I have succeeded in connecting the Tool/equipment to a serial part but not to a Serial Object.

Do you know how to display the information and to link the tool/equipment ID to the Equipment/serial Object?

Best regards,

FannDe

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi FannDe,

You are most welcome.

In APP10 there is no link between Equipment Objects & Tools/Equipment. They are two separated business objects. Therefore you can not link an already existing Serial Object in Equipment as a tool (verified with RnD as well).  

In a summary we have to define our Objects and tools as separate serials in APP10. But both has the very much of the same capability to create PM Actions, Work orders etc.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks for your detailed answer. 

I will then have to find a way to define some connection because I need to link spare parts to my tool/equipment and it is not possible to do so on a tool/equipment.

Thank you very much Thilini.

Best Regards,

BeaFannDe

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You are most welcome FannDe :)