Question

Additional WORK TASK transaction M50

• 24 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

The IFS10 version generates additional transactions if the M50 is related to Work Task.

The client would like to turn it off, is it possible?

The first transaction is related to WOISS , others two transacitons are generated automatically from Work Task. Is there option to turn off this logic ?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Not that I’m aware of, @Thommy do you know of any?  Why would they want to turn it off since EAM transactions are about the task now and work orders are basically just a task contain like Work Order Structure is just a container for WOs?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I am wondering  where is the base for reposting   code string  ? When I did WOISS M50 it takes the posting from Posting Control ( it is Ok)  but for reposting it takes different account and the question where can I posting control for this last row. It takes from the object ? project ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Honestly, I’m not sure...Thommy will be back Monday and hopefully take a look.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

First question - this functionality can’t be turned off.

The base for the reposting code string is also posting control setup.

I’m wondering if the setup for the Account (Konto) has been changed in posting control between the original transaction and the time when the reposting was done?

Could be good if we could see State and Cost Code columns in the example above also (best would be to see ALL columns), so I could get some idea on why the Account has changed.

Also M50 setup in Posting Control would be something that would be good to have a screenshot of.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, Thanks for help  I did the verification again and noticed that they changed some parameters.

That’s why it has been reposted. 

Just last question, there is no option ( basic data ?)  to turn off this automatic posting ?

/Marek

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, no there is no option turning this off.

There is a flag on each work task and cost line called ‘Finally Posted’ that will stop the reposting of transactions. That flag is automatically set when finishing a Work Task but can also manually be set (if prerequisite is fulfilled). 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, no there is no option turning this off.

There is a flag on each work task and cost line called ‘Finally Posted’ that will stop the reposting of transactions. That flag is automatically set when finishing a Work Task but can also manually be set (if prerequisite is fulfilled). 

Hi Thommy,

So if we can activate that check box, it won’t create any Reposting?

We have issues that the 2nd repostings is not able to find the account based on M50, so need to spend time to hardcode accounts and manually push such transactions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Arend,

Yes if you can activate that check box then the reposting will stop.

But I think you should investigate why the M50 account isn’t found. With correct setup this shouldn’t be an issue.