Question

Measurements for Object - Correcting Incorrect Meter Change Value

• 18 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Measurements for Object Meter Change Issue

A serial object had an incorrect meter value entered using the change meter function - now the total value is too high and everything we try to fix it, just keeps increasing the value more/won’t register as a valid transaction. We need to reduce the accumulated value - should be total value of 7046. It doesn’t let you go back and mark meter readings as incorrect when there is a meter change out after it.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue? We have a Serial Object with the same problem and cannot see how to correct it.

Thanks, 

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi, @PennyB did you figure out how to solve this problem? I’m having the same problem and I don’t know how to solve it.

BR,

Rodrigo Cruz

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

hi @rcruz & @lisa.gilesAB - no we never found a solution to this, I think from memory, we just had to create a fresh serial object.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,
Firstly, have you tried to put an ‘End value’ to the old meter when you changed the meter to a new one?

If its set up correctly, you will see the total value gets reset accordingly.

Ex:

Secondly,

Did you try to insert meter roll-over value for the selected meter?
Will it be helpful for you?

Normally if you set a value for this field “meter roll-over value” , then if the next reading for this meter exceeds this roll over reading, total value will be re-calculated accordingly.

Thanks & Best regards,
Aruna 
IFS Support

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @lisa.gilesAB @rcruz @PennyB ,

In the current application  (app10) , there is a possibility to correct any user mistakes that can happen when entering meter readings. However, for other functions such as Meter setup/Change meter, this is not possible. 

As a possible workaround you may have to do one of the following.
1) Correct it through a data correction script.  
2) Try change meter once again,  this time with correct start value, end value same as last reading from previous meter, and with a different Meter ID. (If having a different meter ID is not a problem.) The important thing is to keep the total at correct value.
3) If you want the same meter ID set up with the correct start value, Change meter twice. First time with the different Meter ID and second time with the correct Meter ID which you installed. Be careful when entering the start/end values so that nothing gets added to the total when changing meter.

Hope this will help to solve the above issue.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thank you for replying, the situation I have is that A meter change was carried out on the record by 1 person and then a 2nd Person carried out another Meter Change in Error:

The Reading should be Recorded Value = 2 and Total Value = 1088.

Will this require a Correction Script? 

Thanks,