Question

Allocated Parts Module - how to hide "deallocate" option?

• 5 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

In v15.1, is there a way to set custom permissions to turn off the “Deallocate” option in the Allocated Parts module? “Deallocate” only shows when right clicking on a line in Allocated Parts, we would like to hide or disable the ability to “Deallocate” without taking away access to the Allocated Parts module. Thanks for your assistance.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Lindsay,

I have not tried this but perhaps you can try using the Security Setup module to only grant access permissions, not modify or delete permissions to the Allocated Part Module in the security roles assigned to the users..  Or perhaps set the users you do not want making changes to the warehouse to Access  level but not Staff or Modify in their warehouse permissions.

Otherwise, I can’t think of anything which would allow you to do as per your request without a custom change for the Allocated Parts Module to remove any right-click actions from the web page.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Phil,

Thank you for getting back to me. I did grant Access only to a Security Role and the users can still right click and Deallocate the parts. I also tried your second suggestion and still no luck.

Since this appears to be something that cannot be done without a customization, we will just continue what we have been doing and just remove access to the Allocated Parts module in Security Setup.

Again, I appreciate you getting back to me.